Finally, the weather is nice, and maybe it’s just me, but my kids have bottled up energy from all the previous cold months. I am so ready to be outside, but not even for spring weather (because if we’re honest, Lubbock is so inconsistent), but also not being fearful of going somewhere with cold and flu germs everywhere.
I’ve compiled a list of places to go/things to do to get you and your little ones out of the house in the coming spring days!
- Science Spectrum: This is always a favorite of mine. There are tons of things to do from the Omni theatre, science experiments throughout, a few fish aquariums, and a toddler room for those busy kiddos. The best bang for your buck is to buy a membership for a year and go as often as you want!
- Storytime: Many of the libraries in town offer a free story time Tuesday – Thursdays, depending on the library. These are a great way to get your child out for a little bit and introduce the best gift of reading. Storytime often includes the librarian reading to the kids, a song, and even a craft.
- South Plains Mall playground: This is a great pit stop if you’re running errands at the mall. The kids can run and jump all over the obstacles. Oh, and there’s a train that you and your kid can take a ride on! Barnes and Noble at the mall has story time as well.
- Movies: Many of the movie theatres offer discounted movie tickets on Tuesday mornings. Or, the drive-in theatre is a super fun idea to pack your own dinner and enjoy!
- Home Depot Workshop: On Saturdays, Home Depot offers DIY crafts with instruction for parents and kids to work on together. Encouraged for kiddos 5 years and up.
- Blue Sky is a great local restaurant that offers yummy food! The location off of 98th has a huge sandbox outside, which makes eating on the outdoor patio with free entertainment for the kids such a nice dining out experience.
- First Friday Art Trail: The first Friday of every month in the downtown art district is FFAT. This includes art museums that are open to visitors, food trucks for dinner, sweets, murals, music, etc. It is a great outing that you do not want to miss!
- Texas Tech: Of course, you can’t miss the fact that we have one of the largest and most beautiful campuses right here in town. Texas Tech is a great walking ground to get out of the house and explore.
Lubbock is a great place to raise a family, so go enjoy all that Lubbock has to offer!